Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Some pain

6.15 miles: 1:10:40: 11:30
The Adidas Boost have been my go to shoe lately.

Was hurting on the run a little but this morning. I don't know if it's my shoes, the surface I run on or if I'm fatigued but the balls of my feet are hurting today. They were just a tiny bit sore after Sunday's run -- I wore the Adidas Boost that day -- but I had to cut today's run a little short because I couldn't handle it.

This morning I wore my Brooks Glycerin 10s -- it's my second pair and I have just more than 100 miles on them. I have been having more foot pain when I wear this pair than the Adidas. I put more than 300 miles on my first pair of Glycerin's and I loved them. I don't know if it's the show or what but a couple of more runs with pain like this and I'll have to figure something out.

The Boost just came out and I'm kind of ashamed to say that they're awesome. They're light and I've never had a shoe feel as responsive. I know to many that it's silly to buy the latest shoes but when I tried them on and gave them a spin on the treadmill I fell in love. I broke them in at boot camp for a couple of weeks and have since been inserting them into the running rotation and am still loving them. They just feel good and I have no pain. If I had to pick a shoe to run the marathon in right now it would be the Boost.

Part of the problem may be that I have pretty rough calluses on the balls of my feet. Rory has been trying to convince me to get a pedicure and I've begged off. I have psoriasis -- a skin condition that causes white flaky patches -- and it's particularly bad on my feet and don't really want anyone handling them.

After searching online a bit the recommendation seems to be taking a pumice stone to them to try and wear down the calluses. A pedicure might cause blisters after and I don't want to risk that, especially with a race coming up. I'm at least hoping it helps a bit.

I also know the surface can be playing a role. I definitely can tell the difference between running on concrete versus asphalt. I've switched up my route specially to run on more asphalt. I wish I lived closer to some trails so I could do that instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment