Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston Marathon

So I'm turning into a huge geek and watched the end of the Boston Marathon. Wow, these people are fast. Five minute miles at the end of the race, holy crap.

There was an article in Runner's World that detailed "squeaking" into Boston. For me to qualify at 39-years-old I would have to run a marathon in less than 3:10. Will never, ever happen. I get the appeal of Boston but if I do a second marathon it would probably be Marine Corps Marathon in Washington.

Rory's cousin is running Boston now, he went the charity route, though he is a lot faster than me and on the right side of 30 so he could actually probably qualify for Boston if he wanted to. He just started running last year.

I'm just still in awe, 5 minute miles, wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment