Monday, April 29, 2013

4/28 run

A half way decent action shot from
the Lakfront 10.
11.2 miles: 2:09:50: 11:31 pace

What a difference a week makes. After the Lakefront 10-miler I felt great. And while running a marathon is a challenge, it was something I was feeling confident about. A week later and there are nothing but doubts.

Not really, but Sunday's run was one of the worst in recent memory. My feet hurt, my shoulder hurt, my knees were aching, I was 40 seconds a mile off my pace from the previous week, it was not good. My form must have been off for all these thing to happen. I was also trying out a new hydration belt, one of those that has the single water bottle that goes in the small of your back, and that took some getting use to but I really don't think I can blame that.

Luckily none of the aches and pains got to the point of being so bad until I was a couple of blocks from home. My goal was to try and hit 12 miles but I knew it wasn't going to happen. I'm also pretty sore after the run. My feet hurt a bit and my legs just feel tired.

Wright-Way connected us
with Matilda!
I'm at 68 miles for the month and plan to get six or seven in tomorrow to try and hit 75, which will be the most miles I've run in a month. Maybe I am suffering from some fatigue. May will not be as high mileage of a month. I'm planning 13-miles this weekend but am then tapering a bit before the Tough Mudder on May 18. I'll also probably take a couple of days off after to rest up. That's when marathon training begins in earnest.

With Sunday's run I also passed 200 miles for the year and more than 500 in the last 14 months.

But now it's a new week and almost a new month so I shall try not to dwell on what's in the past.

Lastly, you may notice on the right hand side of the page a gadget that enables anyone to donate to me for the marathon. Wright-Way Rescue is a fantastic, no-kill shelter so please make a donation.


No comments:

Post a Comment