Sunday, June 2, 2013

Chicago Dream Center 10K

10K: 1:06:08: 10:40 pace

Personal best for my 10K this weekend. I wanted to try and get in the 1:05 range but was nine seconds off, while I want to complain I really can't. There's always next time but I don't plan to run another 10K race until November at this point.

The route was around Humboldt Park in Chicago, which sadly I had never explored, and was quite scenic. The route was basically four loops around different portions of the park, which did get a little tedious but the scenery and volunteers kept me going.

Nice brunch after with Monica (pictured), Rory and some college friends. The race start line was only a couple of blocks away from Monica and her husband Steve's place which made the logistics nice and easy.

No races until mid-July with the next one being the Hometown Charity Run 5K. I will be sporting a tutu at that race as part of my fundraising for the marathon I also am going to try and break 30-minutes for my 5K time. The following weekend I'm running the Nike Rock N' Roll Half Marathon, my first half.

More of the same this week. Seven miles on Tuesday, four on Thursday and eight on Saturday, with boot camp on Monday, Wedanesday and Friday. Will be getting those miles in early Saturday as we're having a party for Rory's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment