Thursday, June 27, 2013

6/27 - Want to get faster

4 miles: 45:20: 11:19 pace

Yeah, don't have a lot to say about this one. Thought about mixing up the speed workout but I didn't. I also thought about staying in bed but I didn't. At least I can say I didn't miss a speed workout in June.

Skipped boot camp yesterday because of a monsoon hitting the area. We received more than 3.5 inches of rain in about four hours and I was worrying about the basement flooding. Sump pump went on for about 20 minutes but then everything was good.

The foam roller and I have been good friends this week. My quads and hip flexors are still sore from Monday's Turkish get ups.

While I'm getting through these runs and feeling fine I feel like I may have some runner's malaise. I have the 5K in a couple of weeks and really want to break 30 minutes but am having my doubts. I'm going to have to find a rabbit for that race and just try to keep up. I can always push myself to finish a race or a long run but I have trouble pushing myself to go faster.

I'm pushing 40 so I don't expect miracles and know that there is a very small window where I will see improvement before a decline.

Anyway, boot camp tomorrow as long as I don't have to start building an ark and then 11.5 miles on Saturday, which will be the longest run to date. It only gets scarier from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment