Tuesday, June 25, 2013

6/25 run

7 miles: 1:20:21: 11:27

Ohhh the humidity!

It was thick out there this morning and I regretted leaving the fuel belt at home. I did hit the one water fountain I pass twice but it was still a brutal run. I know it'll get better as I acclimate but today was the first really muggy day. I got a little bit of a late start because there was some thunder and lightning passing through the area. Around mile four I was looking at the sky hoping it would rain to get some relief.

I'm also pretty sore from Monday's boot camp session, the 60 Turkish get ups with the 18 pound kettle bell have made my quads pretty tight.  Took a little extra time foam rolling this morning to try and work out the kinks. Should probably hit it again tonight.

The one positive from this run -- other than it's over -- was that the last three miles were faster than the previous three.

No comments:

Post a Comment