Wednesday, July 10, 2013

7/9 run - Adjusting to the humidity

6.2 miles: 1:11:07: 11:29 pace

Ran again with the Evanston Running Club and became a member. It seemed like $25 well spent, I like the Tuesday early runs and will probably take them up on some of the long Saturday runs building up to the marathon. I'm still getting use to running and talking but it's going to be a good thing. I'm curious about the speed track workout they do on Wednesday's too.

The run on Tuesday was a bit slower but it was muggy. Probably high-60s air temp but 100% humidity. They say the more you run in the weather, the more you acclimiate  so I'm writing that run off for acclimation.

Trying to figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow. It's usually my speed work day but that's what I'll be doing Sunday at my 5K. Trying to figure out if I should do another six or so or scale it back. Next week will be six on Tuesday and three on Thursday and rest before the half on Sunday.

Rory is finishing the tutu for Sunday's 5K and I have my Team Wright-Way training shirt. Breaking 30 minutes is going to be tough, especially since we now have events on Saturday.

I also have signed up for another race, because I am a maniac. I'm running the 4.1 mile Run for Walker on July 28. It starts and ends by Northwestern's football stadium. Found out about it from the Evanston Running Club and it will be a nice way to get back to it after the half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment