Saturday, July 6, 2013

7/4 and 7/6 runs - Catching up

July 4: 3.5 miles: 41:41: 11:24 pace
July 6: 13.1miles: 2:37:42:12:01 pace

Rough couple of runs. I blame my poor eating and drinking habits around the holiday and summer finally arriving and bringing some warmer temps.

Since Thursday was a holiday I slept in and didn't get out the door until after 9 am. It was already in the mid-70s and made for a rough speed work session. The beers and fried chicken I ate the night before didn't help matters either.

As for my long run, it was in the lower 70s when I started a little before 6 am. I was feeling good, other than a couple of cookies I didn't eat bad on Friday, but the heat got to me. I was pretty good until about mile seven and it was down hill from there.

I'm not hurt, everything is feeling more or less normal, though my left shoulder was bugging me badly around mile 10. It's happened a couple of times before but this was the worst of it. The adventures in chaffing continued, though not as bad. I have psoriasis and those spots are more prone to problems and I have to make sure to use extra Body Glide on those areas.

Fifteen days till the first official half. What was I thinking signing up for a half in July in Chicago? Easing it up the next couple of week, will be my lowest mileage since May. Probably six to seven on Tuesday and three to four on Thursday. Running the 5K Sunday. Might try to do a little longer run the following Tuesday and then really ease off before the half.



No comments:

Post a Comment