Saturday, May 4, 2013

5/2 training

After 8 miles and boot camp. 
4 miles: 43:57: 10:51 pace
Boot camp
4 miles: 46:40: 11:37 pace

Boot camp on Friday was a heavy legs day, three sets of 20 weighted squats, three dozen lunges and three sets of 20 dead lifts -- yeah, not exactly legs but the glutes. My quads were sore yesterday and were still sore this morning when I woke up. I really didn't want to run but I still did.

The run there was fine, wasn't moving as quick as I would have liked but it wasn't awful. The boot camp sessions was cardio/back and core. In the first series we did jump rope, lats, jump hops from a push up position and Arnold curls. Second series were box hops, assisted pull ups, burpee jacks and bicep curls-shoulder press-triceps extensions.

We did three sets of each series and for the most part I was ok. At the very end we tacked in some plank variations and here is where I began to feel fatigued. Regular planks are fine but then we did reach outs in the plank along with 60 seconds of side planks on each side. I didn't do very well on this part. I really need to work on my side planks.

As you can see the run home was quote a bit slower but I wasn't trying to set any records. My goal now is just to be able to walk around like a normal person the rest of the weekend and not look like an arthritic 70-year-old.

My foot is also feeling better, froze a water bottle and have been rolling the achy part on that. Other than general soreness the runs were pretty pain free as well.

Good weather today too, about 50 when I left the house and partly cloudy. Warmed up a but while in class and was nice run home. Kind of feel bad for not running the 13 miles today but with the leg workout I probably wasn't up for it and would have been disappointed with my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment