Wednesday, May 15, 2013

5/14 run

7 miles: 1:17:08: 10:55 pace

Slept like crap Monday night and woke up a half hour before my alarm was supposed to go off so I just got up and went for my run. Work is stressing me out right now and I have some anxiety about the Tough Mudder so between the two I couldn't quiet my mind for a good night's sleep.

The run wasn't great either, I couldn't flip the switch and just go with it. My mind kept wandering and I just struggled, wanted to find the groove but couldn't.

As for the Tough Mudder, I feel as though I've trained well but when it comes right down to it there's stuff that I haven't done. I'm kicking myself for not doing more -- any -- trail running and hills. I know people who have had some serious injuries during these obstacle course races and just want the team and I to get through this unscathed.

I've been like a junky watching YouTube videos of the obstacles and tips on how to deal with them. It's like being a football player and watching game tape to prepare.

Short speed work out tomorrow and then Friday off, will walk Matilda but otherwise it's about resting up. Goal is to get to Joliet around 10 am for the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment