Monday, May 13, 2013

5/11 run


Run to boot camp: 42:49: 4 miles: 10:40 pace
Boot camp, upper body and core
Run home from boot camp: 45:03: 4 miles: 11:11 pace

Nice workout on Saturday. Really nice run to boot camp, legs were feeling fresh and was happy with my pace and how I felt. 

Boot camp was a tabata style workout -- eight consecutive sets 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest -- mostly upper body and some core. The run home was good, my calf was a little tight but my foot/ankle is feeling a whole lot better. 

Did boot camp this morning, planning six or seven tomorrow morning, boot camp again Wednesday and three miles on Thursday. Friday will be a rest day before the Tough Mudder. 

We have an 11:40 am start time, they say the course (PDF) will take about three and a half hours. The weather is expected to be in the 70s with a chance of rain. I'm happy about the temp, rather be warm and wet than cold and wet. 

The later start time is causing me to think about eating/fueling. Usually I have a PB&J a couple of hours before the race but with the travel time and everything else I'm trying to figure out my food intake. I'm planning to pack a cooler with some PB&J, water, gatorade and maybe some celebratory beers for after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment