Wednesday, September 4, 2013

9/3 run - Glorious weather

10 miles: 1:53:46: 11:22 pace

It was high 50s when we started our run on Tuesday and it was spectacular. I do like running in the fall so much more than the summer. And yes, I know I was complaining about the cool weather in the spring, call my a hypocrite.

The run felt good, thought we were moving a little quicker but still not bad, five minutes faster than the previous week but still five minutes off my best mile time. The goal is to try and shave some more time off that next Tuesday.

I know I'm becoming touched in the head because when I saw the speed workout this week my thought was: "That looks like fun." It's ladders: 400, 400, 800, 1600, 800, 400, 400. Yes I need help.

Will do an easy shakeout run Thursday and then take a couple of days off before the Chicago Half Marathon Sunday. Hoping to get an "official" under 2:30 time but it's going to be a little warmer than I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment