Thursday, October 10, 2013

Last taper runs

9/8: 6 miles: 1:11:56: 11:58 pace
9/10: 3.1 miles: 35:37: 11:18 pace

Two more days till the marathon and I vacillate between excited and nervous, though the last couple of days have been more excited.

I've read everything I can, gone over the course map repeatedly, watched videos of it and am ready. I visualize myself on the course and the only thing left to do it run it. Getting through the next two work days are going to be tough just because I'm distracted.

My last two runs were good, the ankle is feeling much better and I'm at about 90%. Hopefully the next two off days will give me some more rest, though I fully expect to be limping after the marathon.

I'm hitting the expo Saturday morning to pick up my stuff and drop some cash. I'm also catching up with some college buddies who have run it before.

With the run Thursday morning I hit 1,000 miles lifetime on Nike+. My first run with the app was Feb. 22, 2012 of .7 mile and I had two other runs that month for a grand total of 3.1 miles. Twenty-months ago if you would have asked me if I was going to run a marathon I wold have called you crazy and laughed. But after Sunday I will have run more than 700 miles in 2013 and will likely easily hit 800 for the year.

I will try to write up a race recap on Monday but I'm buried with work so it may not be as quick as I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment