Sunday, October 6, 2013

10/5 run - Last long run

8 miles: 1:31:42:11:27 pace

This run was fine, though it's been unusually muggy in the midwest this October, last two runs felt more like July than October.

A week from now I will have completed the Chicago Marathon. Am I going to break any records or set the world on fire, no. But it will be an accomplishment. I'm nervous and excited about the race. I've looked at the course map a number of times, have my strategy and am just hoping to finish strong.

The main thing making me nervous right now is the weather. Temps predictions seem to be pretty consistent between mid-50s and upper 60s, but the wild card is rain. I had one brief rain run on my 18-miler. It rained for about 10 minutes -- a downpour -- but then stopped. I was wet the entire run but it was fine. I just don't know how to deal with the weather if it's constant. I really shouldn't worry until we're two or three days out.

Boot camp Monday and Wednesday, Tuesday will be five and four on Thursday with two days of rest before the big day. I'll pass 1,000 miles all time on Thursday and with the marathon eclipse 700 for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment