Wednesday, October 2, 2013

10/1 run - Feeling stronger

7 miles: 1:19: 11:17 pace

Two good runs in a row, that hasn't happened in awhile. The ankle is feeling a lot better, I'm glad I took a break last week to give it some rest. I would say I'm about 90% and will hopefully be 100% by 10/13 but I expect to be limping after the marathon.

Had my first deep-tissue massage yesterday. My right calf had been tight for a long time, it would eventually loosen up during a run, but a friend suggested getting worked on. I expected it to be more painful -- there were definitely moments of discomfort -- but it wasn't as bad as I thought. It's also a day later and I don't have the same tightness in my calf as before. I'll be curious to see how I feel after Thursday's run.

The masseur said my legs were "complicated." I don't stretch/foam roll nearly as much as I should and have been fortunate to not have more issues. Something else to focus on in the future.

While I have been filled with fear and dread coming up to 10/13 I am starting to get real excited. This video of the course didn't help.

Six miles tomorrow, boot camp and eight on Saturday. Running with the ERC folks Saturday, looking forward to it since it's been awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment