Friday, October 4, 2013

10/3 run - Not great

6 miles: 1:13:11: 12:11 pace

Well, if the goal was to practice my marathon pace I guess I accomplished something, sadly that wasn't my goal. It was a weird, muggy morning, already mid-60s and 90% humidity, which is really weird for October.

The legs were feeling heavy and I was having trouble getting into the groove, I think the deep tissue massage I had Tuesday moved some of my muscles around and it was difficult for me to find my groove. I'm trying not to dwell on how poorly this went.

Last long run tomorrow, an easy eight, and then a total of nine miles next week before the marathon. Planning to do boot camp on Monday and Wednesday.

Random: 

  • In the last couple of days I've had "Holy crap, I'm running a marathon" go through my head more times than should be appropriate. It's really happening and is only a little more than a week away. 
  • Signed up for Facebook tracking for the marathon. 
  • Made plans to meet up with some college buddies at the expo on 10/12 when I'm picking up my stuff. 
  • Making a list of the people I need to thank with baked goods after it's done. 
  • Volunteering with a beginner's running program that starts on 10/17  and am excited to help people get into running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment