Monday, November 25, 2013

Lincolnwood 10K

6.2 miles: 1:06:47: 10:45 pace

Turns out I was being optimistic when I said it was going to be in the 20s Sunday. It was 13 felt like three degrees. This was my coldest race but I'll have the opportunity to beat it with the two halves I'm running in January.

A year ago this was my first 10K and I was a good couple of minutes quicker this year but sadly about a minute off my personal best. This is a great race though, inexpensive, nice long-sleeved tech shirt, flat and well marked course. It doesn't hurt that it's three blocks from the house either.

I did end up going to for a little shakeout run Saturday, 3.7 miles. It wasn't as cold but the wind was gusting making that run really tough.

Did boot camp Monday morning, will probably do around 3.5 Tuesday, boot camp Wednesday and Flying Turkey 5K Thursday morning. Going to try and keep up with the fast cousins to see if I can break 30. Then the last part of the Turkey Trifecta, the Schaumburg Half on Saturday.

Woo hoo, negative splits!


No comments:

Post a Comment